Marshalls Chartered Surveyors is committed to a policy of minimising our
impact on the environment. This is achieved through minimising waste, where
possible, and by seeking to make the most efficient use of our resources.
Our most significant adverse environmental impacts are: Emissions to
atmosphere from the use of carbon based energy in offices and fuel in
transport. Consumption of resources by our use of energy, water, raw
materials, office supplies and furniture etc. Production of waste materials.
We have identified the following objectives, which combined together make up
our overall environmental management policy:
- Set objectives targets and programmes to continually improve our
environmental performance, including the reduction of pollution.
- Comply with the spirit and the letter of environmental laws, the
regulations, and Codes of Practice.
- Reduce pollution levels and aim to utilise alternative fuel
technologies/policies that lead to cleaner air, wherever practicable.
- Adopt environmentally sound waste management practices, including recycling,
and environmentally conscious waste disposal.
- Marshalls Chartered Surveyors will also seek to adopt the use of energy
- Review the acquisition of its materials and equipment where practicable.
Preference will be given to items, which cause the least amount of harm to
the environment, and where during production, the least amount of waste is
- Provide training for all staff so that they are familiar with our
environmental systems and procedures.
- Strive to achieve continuous improvement in its Environmental Performance.
This will include taking corrective action, where necessary.
The Partners at Marshalls Chartered Surveyors have joint overall
responsibility for its environmental affairs and will review this policy at
We will employ the following initiatives in order to achieve our stated
- We will obtain stationary from suppliers, produced using re-cycled
materials, where possible.
- We will encourage the use of e-mail to minimize material usage.
- We will seek to operate vehicles, which have favourable ratings on fuel
emissions and continually assess alternative fuels.
- Where possible, appointments will be grouped to minimize travelling.
- We will employ the use of energy efficient lighting and, where practicable,
heating systems in our office premises.
- We will seek to occupy office premises, where practicable, that incorporate
good levels of thermal insulation, reducing the levels of energy required
- We will encourage employees to contribute towards reducing the amounts of
electricity used where possible. This will be achieved by switching off
computers, monitors and other office equipment, where this is not in use for
periods of one hour or more.
- We will continually seek to identify new ways in which savings and
reductions in the use of both water and electricity can be made and
encourage input from its employees as to how this might be achieved.
- Waste paper will be re-used as notepaper, rather than immediately disposed
of (sensitive documents must be shredded).
- We will purchase cleaning materials which are biodegradable and do not cause
harm to the environment.
- The office lighting within our premises will be switched off overnight,
unless this is required for security reasons. In which case, low level,
energy efficient lighting will be utilized.