Collecting personal information
By visiting marshallsgroup.com or marshallssurveyors.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The data controller is Marshalls Chartered Surveyors, Suite O, Kidlington Centre, High Street, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 2DL.
To ensure your privacy is protected, we adhere to the following policy:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Why do we collect this information?
- Information you give us by dealing with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include name and address, Bank Account information and email addresses.
- Information we may collect from your use of our website: With regard to each of your visits, we may automatically collect technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, whereabouts you connected to our service, your internet service provider (ISP), and what type of device you are using to access our service.
- Information we collect when you telephone us: If you call us we will automatically collect the phone number from which you are calling.
- Information we receive from other sources: None.
- Providing us with your details online: This is information you choose to provide us with using the Contact Us page on our website. It includes your name and email address and, if you choose, your telephone number. Please let us know if any of this information changes so we can keep our records up to date. No other information is collected via our website.
We use this information in the following ways:
How long do we keep hold of your information?
- In order to take steps necessary to assess whether we can enter into a contract with you and in order to perform our contract with you. This includes carrying out our obligations to you and providing you with our services.
- For the purpose of improving our service to you, to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To deal with any legal queries relating to your use of our service.
- To provide you with service communications so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you. These may be sent by email, post or telephone. These will include notifications about changes to our service.
- To provide you with marketing communications including, with your permission, information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- Information we collect from your use of the website: We will use this information for the following purposes:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.To keep our website safe and secure.
Information we collect throughout our relationship: We will use this information to help us provide you with our services.
Who do we share your information with?
- If you use our services, we need to keep information about you for a minimum of 15 years unless obligations to our regulators require otherwise or we are required or requested to remove such data from our records.
- If you do not use our services, we will not retain your information and it will usually be removed after 12 weeks.
As a general rule, we will never share your information. However, there may be some occasions when this is required:
How is your data stored and kept secure?
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
What are your rights?
- All information is stored on secure servers at multiple locations inside The EEA (The European Economic Area).
- Our office systems are firewalled and protected against viruses and malware. All data passing between the sites and servers under our direct control is encrypted.
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us at: Marshalls Chartered Surveyors, Suite O, Kidlington centre, High Street, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 2DL.
- To ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
- To ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing.
- To ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest.
- To request from us access to personal information held about you.
- To ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- To ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation.
- To ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing).
- To ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details above. In the event that you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to lodge a complaint with The Information Commissioner's Office (https://ico.org.uk
A cookie is a piece of information, automatically generated when you register with or visit a website for the first time. The cookie is held on your device and enables the site to recognise you when you log on again. Our website does not utilise cookies, but they may be in use on third party sites to which we link. Marshalls Chartered Surveyors accept no responsibility for the content of these
third party sites. If you prefer not to have cookies enabled, from your internet browser window, select preferences or internet options, and change your cookie settings accordingly.
All copyright and related intellectual property rights subsisting in the
content of this Website, including but not limited to text, graphics, logos,
animations, images and software are beneficially owned by or remain
the sole property of Marshalls Chartered Surveyors. The compilation of all
content on this website is the exclusive property of Marshalls Chartered
You may use the contents of this website as a source of information. Any
other use without the express written authorisation/consent by Marshalls
Chartered Surveyors, including the reproduction, modification, distribution,
transmission, re-publication, display or performance of the contents of this
website is strictly prohibited. Marshalls Chartered Surveyors makes no
representation about the suitability of the information contained on this
website for any purpose. All contents of the pages on this website are
provided for information only and without warranty of any kind.
No responsibility or liability is accepted by or on behalf of Marshalls
Chartered Surveyors for any errors, omissions or statements whether
misleading or otherwise on these pages, including any feature or aspect of
such website or pages, whether provided by Marshalls Chartered Surveyors or
by any other organisation, company or individual or entity whatever the loss
claimed or alleged. Marshalls Chartered Surveyors shall not be liable for
any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever
arising from loss of data or profits whether in contract, negligence or in
tort arising out of or in connection with the use or perform of information
available from this website.
Marshalls Chartered Surveyors is a trade mark of Marshalls Chartered
Surveyors. Such trade mark may not be used in connection with any product or
service that is not the property of Marshalls Chartered Surveyors, in any
way that is likely to cause confusion among clients, or in any manner that
disparages or discredits Marshalls Chartered Surveyors.
The hypertext links to third party sites will allow you leave the Marshalls
Chartered Surveyors website. These linked sites are not under the control of
Marshalls Chartered Surveyors and Marshalls Chartered Surveyors is not
responsible for the contents of any site that is linked to, or any links
contained in a linked site. Marshalls Chartered Surveyors is not responsible
for web casting or any other form of transmission received from any linked
Save as set out in these terms and conditions, all express or implied
representations, terms and conditions are hereby expressly excluded to the
fullest extent permissible by any law. These terms and conditions shall be
governed and construed in all respects by and in accordance with the laws of
England and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English
Courts. Disclaimer Holders of Personal Information Personal information
provided or to be gathered by Marshalls Chartered Surveyors, is controlled
by Marshalls Chartered Surveyors, Suite O, The Kidlington Centre, High Street, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 2DL.
Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions
If you choose to visit Marshalls Chartered Surveyors, your visit and any
dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and our Terms &
Conditions, including limitations on damages and application of the laws of
England. If you have any concern about privacy at Marshalls Chartered
Surveyors, please send a thorough description to us and we will try to
resolve it. Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will
change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes.
information that we have about you.